Social Media Intern Wanted!
Jumpstart your social media career while networking with experienced artists. The Surface Design Association in Washington State (SDA-WA) seeks a motivated and creative Social Media Intern, with Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and Twitter experience . We’re looking for a creative communicator who would love to design/ execute a plan to promote our art event You’ll be exposed to artists who show nationally and internationally and learn the inner workings of curating and mounting an art exhibit. The internship position may run four to six months and you may be based anywhere in WA.
SDA-WA is planning the first ever traveling exhibition of surface designers’ work in the US. This will be a widely publicized and exciting display of textile-oriented artwork. The exhibition will be held at four venues around the State: Richland, Redmond, Port Townsend and Everett.
For more information:
- Surface Design Association in Washington State–www.SurfaceDesignWa.com
- The international parent Surface Design Association —SurfaceDesign.org
The Social Media Intern will help with various aspects of communication, marketing and outreach, including:
- Assisting with social media messaging on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest;
- Designing social media strategy around promoting both the call for art and the exhibition.
- On occasion, documenting and posting/blogging about special projects and events;
- Supporting public relations projects by researching and engaging media contacts across the state, working with the Marketing Communications Director to identify and pursue media opportunities, finding new ways to tell stories and raise the interest in artists in the Surface Design Association.
- Valuable insights into the nonprofit arts communication arena
- Exposure to the ins and outs of marketing, PR, and community management
- Opportunity to develop a social media strategy and execute the plan
- Creative work colleagues
- Exposure to Washington State arts and artists
- Exposure to the international parent Surface Design Association
- One-year membership in the Surface Design Association
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of social media– Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Word and Excel; familiarity with Go To Meeting/ FaceTime/ Skype
- Ability to work in a team environment
- An interest in non-profit communications, art, or arts administration
- Attention to detail
- Photoshop, video editing, and design skills a plus
- Ability to commit to at least four months of part time work
Our interns will receive invaluable experience working on a project of wide scope, professional mentorship, and building a network of contacts in the art arena. Interns will also receive a free one-year membership to the Surface Design Association.
Please submit a cover letter, résumé and a professional reference to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line SOCIAL MEDIA INTERN. If you have a web presence, please supply a url or link.
While the position will remain open until filled, preference will be given to applications received before February 12, 2016.