Entry due: November 7, 2011
For more information: http://www.quiltingdaily.com/content/Reader_Challenges.aspx
In celebration of all the surface design techniques presented in the August/September 2011 issue of Quilting Arts, we thought it would be fun to host our first-ever fabric swap. We invite you to get creative and pull out your dyes, paints, discharge pastes, stamps, stencils–you name it–and create your own set of four fat quarters to swap with someone else.
- Design a set of 4 fat quarters on any kind of fabric (4 pieces, each 18″ x 22″). You may finger paint, ice dye, discharge, stamp, stencil, or use any other surface design technique you like. You are free to make 4 fat quarters that are the same, or 4 different fat quarters using various techniques–it’s up to you! (Though you may want to make enough extra to keep a sample for yourself.)
Note: Your fabric must be free of any text or images that are protected by copyright, unless you have the expressed written permission from the person or institution that holds the copyright and you provide that written permission with your submission.
- Staple a business card or a 3″ x 5″ card with your preferred contact information and a brief explanation of your surface design technique to the back of each piece of fabric. (This information will travel with the fabric to the recipients.)
- Take a picture of your fabric, and print out a copy of the photo to include with your submission. On the back of the photo, please include your full name, mailing address, email address, and phone number. This information will be used for any questions we have about your submission and also to mail your fabric swatches to you.
- For safety, place your fabric in a plastic bag for shipping.
- Include an entry fee of $6 (U.S. and Canada) and $14 (all other international), to cover postage and handling. All funds must be in U.S. dollars and made payable to Interweave. Exchange participants, including international residents, may charge the entry fee to their credit card. We accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express. Please include the necessary information, including the expiration date and CVV code with your entry.
- Your fabric must be in our offices by Monday, November 7, 2011.
- We will swap and mail the fabric no later than the week of January 16, 2012.
- Some of the fabric may be featured in an upcoming issue of Quilting Arts Magazine and/or on our website.
- Please send your fabric to:
ATTN: Quilting Arts Fabric Swap
490 Boston Post Road
Sudbury, MA 01776
- If you have any questions, contact Ellen Seeburger at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: By submitting your fabric to our challenge you are authorizing Interweave to publish your fabric in upcoming publications and promotional materials, on our website, and in other Interweave e-media. Interweave will not be held responsible for loss or damage due to circumstances beyond our control.