Yes, it is really going to happen!
SDA WA is going to have a traveling exhibit!
Whether one of your pieces has been accepted in the Fiber Fusion Exhibition or you just want to see the show, you need to make your plans now to travel to Richland, WA and the Allied Arts Gallery in the Park for the first venue of the traveling show. The opening reception will be held June 5, 1-3 at the Gallery in the Park, 89 Lee Blvd., Richland, WA 99352. Awards will be presented and juror Layne Goldsmith will speak about the jury process. Come expecting beautiful weather in Richland where the temperature ranges from a high of 78˚F and a low of 52˚F, cooling off delightfully at night. The exhibition runs June 1-23.
Recommended Places to Stay
Hampton Inn, 486 Bradley Blvd, Richland.
For your convenience we have reserved 10 rooms for June 3 and 4 on the river side of this hotel at $159/night for a double queen or $139/night for a king.
This hotel is a half block from the Allied Arts Gallery. Don’t wait ─ this is a very busy weekend. You make your own reservations with your own credit card, no minimum minimum nights stay. To get the group rate, specify SDA WA; the rooms will go back into general availability after May 10. Call 509-943-4400 or reserve online at http://hamptoninn.hilton.com/en/hp/groups/personalized/P/PSCRLHX-SDA-20160603/index.jhtml?WT.mc_id=POG
Red Lion Hanford House, 802 George Washington Way, Richland.
On the Columbia River and a half block the other way from Allied Arts Gallery. Call 509-946-7611.
Shilo Inn, 50 Comstock, Richland.
On the Columbia River and a 5 minute walk to Allied Arts Gallery. Call 509-946-4661.
Days Inn, 615 Jadwin Ave., Richland.
A 10 minute or less walk to Allied Arts Gallery. Call 509-942-9400.
Homewood Suites by Hilton, 1060 George Washington Way, Richland.
A 15 minute or less walk from Allied Arts Gallery. Call 509-371-1550.
What to Do in Richland?
Take a SDA WA sponsored workshop.
- Walk the 22 mile Columbia Riverwalk.
- Walk to the 28 or so restaurants, bakeries, cafes, and bars within a 15 minute walk of your hotel.
- Tour some of the over 200 wineries in the area. Drive yourself or book a tour through A+ Pacific Limousine service at http://www.limo01.com/winetours.html, 509-585-7717; or Four Star Limousine tours, http://www.fourstarlimos.com/wine.html, 509-521-7849; or http://www.fruitofthevinetours.com, 509-546-1044.
- Take a kayak or canoe tour on the Columbia River. Call Columbia Kayak Adventures at 509-947-5901, http://www.columbiakayakadventures.com.
- Visit the USS Triton Submarine Memorial Park, Port of Benton Blvd., Richland 99354.
- Visit the Hanford Reach Interpretive Center, 1943 Columbia Park Trail, Richland, WA 99352. For hours call 509-943-4100, http://www.visitthereach.org.
- Visit the Richland Farmers’ Market Fridays 9-1, corner of Lee Blvd. and The Parkway, a 10 walk or less from the recommended hotels above.
You must be logged in to post a comment.